Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Chronicles of Fostering Children: Conversation with my son during the morning routine

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Conversation with my son during the morning routine

     I wanted to get in the short conversation my son (6 years old) and I had while I was getting him ready for school this morning. It is most likely originating from the visit he had with his bio mother on Monday, July 9th. He has said many strange, hurtful things after these visits that will not only hurt us but himself mentally as a child because we are taking great care of him and he loves us.

Quote: He says, "My mom says she don't get the big house but be in another house and when we go there we never see you again"

My Response: "Did your mother say she doesn't want you to see us anymore when you leave our house?"

Quote: He says, "She said we won't see you again" and then asks "can we still see you"

My Response: "If your mom does not want you to see us again then we will never get to see you." and "that isn't very nice of your mom to say is it?"

Quote: He says, "no, I want to see you then"

     Bio mother is inappropriate with this poor child on most occasions. There will be more told of sad things she has told him on visits that are supposed to be supervised, but the word "supervised" obviously means someone is in the vicinity doing their own thing while the "supervised" visit takes place. Mind you this is a mother who tested positive for cocaine two months ago and when she denied it in court stating that the test was incorrect it was overlooked. Yay system!! The inappropriateness of the mother has been discussed with CPS many times in the past so it has been supposedly addressed.
      For the record CPS has assured us that there will be a transitional period reunifying the children with their bio family where they will be slowly introduced back into this other world.

No comments: