Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Chronicles of Fostering Children: Poetry

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Poetry


Infertile

I am infertile:

Barren like a fruitless tree.
Capable, but with empty arms.

I’ve been to a doctor:

Nothing is wrong.
They say I am fine, but no fruit has appeared.

I’ve been a wife:

Cooking and cleaning; sewing and ironing.
Marriage suits me well.

I’ve been a mother:

I did not birth them
But I love them just the same
Eyes of blue we share
Though not through DNA

I’ve been a foster mom:

Displaced children grace my home
Brown eyed and dark-skinned
Nothing like me.

I am infertile:

Barren like a fruitless tree.
Capable, but with empty arms.

Written by Tammy Lofgreen




Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.

I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.

They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!

No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.

I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!

~ Author Unknown~

No comments: