Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Chronicles of Fostering Children: More on the CPS meeting on July 10th and further notes

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More on the CPS meeting on July 10th and further notes

     There is a lot of information from the meeting that I did not disclose in the first post today. The court hearing I mentioned where it was brought up that the bio mother had tested positive for cocaine ended in the possibility of the bio father starting to receive the children into his home over time for permanency. The recent infractions on both sides should eliminate that from happening.
     Just in case you are wondering if my head is in the right place here please know that my wife and I are committed to the full reunification of the family in any case, but the children are our highest priority and their safety is of great concern. How often are children reintroduced into their family and then end up abused the same, worse or end up murdered? The failure of the parents here urges us to let it be known that it is not time for reunification. (Certain members of government have created a problem by passing laws that state the most important part should be this reunion but it is not that simple). I recently posted on my Facebook page the death sentence this law instills on these poor children. Whether it is the death of the person they could become or in the physical being it is still a death.
     We were still told that the reunion may happen in September, but that it would take leaps and bounds by the bio parents (mostly the father who I forgot to add is not the bio father of the oldest child – my 6 year old son). The only reason he would go to him is to keep the children together which I can understand but men of this stature will look down on a child that is not of their own loins. I feel it is wrong and this child is so sweet he deserves better than to be treated as a misfit. He will surely not be as great of an individual as he could be in this non-bio father’s home. This is exactly the type of person that ends up killing these kids when they return from care. Irresponsible and undeserving to raise our society’s youth is one description of this man.

More back history of the male in question here:
     From his record of parenting: “has made his children stand naked facing away from him as he beats them with a belt together”. Disgust and hate are the feelings I reserve for this abuse and I am filled with sorrow as I distinguish both within my soul.

More of the meeting on July 10th:
     My foster son repeated the same story to the CPS worker that he told to me in the morning before school. The case worker agrees that this should not be happening and compromises the child’s security in our home as well as confuses him about what is the right way to act in life. The mother, who has been repeatedly talked to about her inappropriate conversations with her son, is to be talked to again. These derogatory comments affect my poor son negatively and he does not need the added stress involved in loving a mother who talks poorly about the other people showing him love and taking care of him as their own while she tries to fix her life. You would think she would be happy that her children have found their way into one of the most loving homes they could have in this system. Lord knows I have heard and read about many poor foster environments where the children were abused and even killed. These people hold a special place of interest in my heart as they are lower than the actual bio parents that do the same thing to these kids.

No comments: